Saturday, November 06, 2004

Three days back I was on the bus and I met an American named Christy Schultz.He was sitting next to a Indian lady . I occupied the seat the seat next to him and introduced myself ,he did the same and asked me "Hey would you mind if if ask something.." ."Not at all.." said I .He asked me " Is it ok to sit beside a lady ..?".I thought for a while and said "Yeah it is ok,generally locals dont do it.but since you are a foreigner they wont mind".After a small chit chat I asked who is he gonna vote for and if can vote from the embassy here .To my surprise he gave me the answer "I am voting for Enlightenment". So people still do come to India for search of enlightenment, great...I asked whether he was married ,he said he was divorced now and he had a daughter pursuing her university education at the university of texas at arlington.I smiled and said that I too had secured an admission there.Then my talk turned to his name.I asked whether he was an American of German origin ,he said ,he was and his ex wife was also german.Then we talked about samuel huntington's latest thesis that hispanics are taking over the world,to which he funnily replied that america has become the colony of spain again.Then I let him know that i might be in minneapolis next year and will pay his californian home a visit.Then after mutual exchange of addresses and cards we parted.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

The daughter bloke.. the daughter. You never know when you might run into the next Heidi Klum..

M Rex said...

I prefer Carmen Electra to Heidi Klum