Saturday, May 28, 2005

BEING A LONG HAIR

LH


Its kind of funny when you know that people are staring at you ,but you dont wanna look back at them . Heads turn back when i walk on the road. Some guys raise their eye brows in WWE superstar Rock's style and gimme the WTF look . Women giggle among themselves .Freddy has turned out to be a Nostradamus . The worst embarrasment I had was ,when i was walking on the foot overbridge between East and west Tambaram ,a middle aged person saw me and told to his child " Hey Kudumi paaru Kudumi Paaru " <>.I cant imagine my precious possession turning out to be a butt of ridicule. I wish I could have just turned back and given that guy a knuckle sandwich for deriding my USP . Since I profess to be a pacifist ,I had to ignore it and walk on.

Life at office is not that bad . I have another pony tail for company at the company ;-). we both give ourselves the respectful nod to each other when we cross each other. Its like an acknowledgement that we are part of some kind of brother hood . Or lemme put it this way , it more like the nod harley riders give to each other when on the freeway.My Company thankfully seems to appreciate this . I sit next to my project manager and it has not caused any ripples.I have had a very bad run with the authority just because of my long hair .I always wanted to be a long hair since i was a fresher ,but the ruffians at my college a.k.a the faculty did not allow me to do it .Now with all those years behind me,its time to let the hair down,literally ;-) .
I found this site http://www.choisser.com/longhair singularly helpful in allaying my fears on hair loss
A gallery of long haired men : http://homepage.mac.com/pauljlucas/personal/men/gallery/

1 comment:

Just Me said...

That Gallery of Long-Haired Men cannot host you. AFAIK, the you're close to the Antonio Banderas look in Desperado or mebbe Johnny Depp in Sleepy Hollow..

Heard that poem about Sgt. ** Whiskers..
The pride of the Ladies for miles.

Secretly rubbed them with onions before going to bed..

What's your secret ?