Saturday, May 28, 2005

CARTOONS :
itrjyfopujkpipoy

These days it has become a habit watch cartoons before sleep . Returning home at 10:00 pm and seeing the whole family tear-jerking over soaps makes me puke.The word mega serial makes me go into fits . Thank god my home is one of those blessed homes in this country where there is more than one television. I goto my room and start to channel surf and inevitably endup with cartoon network or pogo or animax.Most times its Looney tunes at 11:30 . I laugh out every time when Bugs says "Hey wassup Doc " . BB

Some how the sight of anthromorphized animals going around dishing out wise ass comment makes me ROFL .My mom gives me the worried look whenever I laugh out loud . Which mother wouldnt be worried ,if her son is a computer programmer,returns home close to midnight,locks himself in his room and laughs the hell out. Let me not digress from the headline . Seriously folks cartoons have always been there in my life from the start .I remember going to a next door neighbhour's place ,on sunday mornings,to watch "He-man and the Masters of the Universe" ,at those times when my dad couldnt afford to buy a TV .I remember skeletor and He-man dueling it out and transformation of Cringer into the brave giant tiger . I remember kids screaming He-man ,power of grey skull.In those days of only doordarshan, it was a luxury to watch cartoons .I must have been 7 or 8 at that time.
heman
I do not remember watching any other animated serials till I was atleast 12 years old. It was then Shazaam for a year . I frankly do not remember anything from it except for the magical word shazam . captain Marvel and his cohort's adventures made me wear a towel around my neck and shout shazam . Its kind of funny when you can recall your dumb childhood antiques.

T&J
Tom & Jerry were always around it seems .I do not recall where I first saw them . But I remember drawing Tom and jerry at the back of my mathematics question papers as early as fourth standard after my friend prasanna taught how simple it was to draw them .He was one hell of an artist for a 11 year old kid .I do not know where he is or what he does .How many of you know what all your fifth standard benchmate is doing ,none I am sure . Thank Hanna-Barbera for those two little lovely bastards .
giungla2
Jungle book is one animated serial I still remember in a vivid detail .I guess I was a little more older to observe the color and music or may it was my first tryst with manga. Sher Khan's entry with that majestic back ground score will mesmerise me even now Cartoon fever then took over with Duck Tales,Looney Tunes and the gang.

Now I realise how much cartoon I have watched over the years . I thought I will jot down a couple of paragraphs and now I realise I can write a hundred pages about them.

As of now the #1 on my favorite list is Mr-Bean the animated series
Bean

Until my next post ,which I dont know when it might be , "rest easy doc"

1 comment:

Just Me said...

There's cartoons you watch, and cartoons you read.. When is the philosophical Calvin post coming up..