Saturday, June 12, 2004

Few days back I was reading a book called "THE LAST DON" by Mario Puzo.I had read GodFather earlier .Though i knew it was his magnum opus i thought i could get something from the last don.Though I was not disappointed,it never measured upto the corleone cult classic.If you have not read god father,stop reading the blog,get out and buy a one from the nearest book shop.I had bought God father 5 years back and over this period i have read the book fully more than 25 times and have had a peek in umpteen times .
For the initiated let me go ahead.After I read the novel for the first time ,the feeling i had was one of awe .While reading I sometimes imagined myself to be Don Vito corleone and really played it out in my mind all the scenes that came in the book.I did a little introspection later and asked myself a few questions
1.Why do I identify myself with a murderer who will kill for anything that spoils his business?
2.Would i do the same thing If I was given the same chance in life?
***I would try to answer both the questions together.No obviously,the thought of killing anybody horrifies me.And even if it is bad people i am killing ,still I wouldnt do it.If given chance would i do it to and get away with it ..Noway it is only in the movies and books that a murderer and a thug will look like a hero.
But still as the don says "Every man has only one Destiny".So never know what will happen.I may still turn out like michael who never expects to become like the don.Will never know what my destiny will be.Hmm one thing I have learnt and tried hard to implement is not to show anger even if you want a guy's head to be blown off.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Si. Its just business, nothing personal.

"Hmm one thing I have learnt and tried hard to implement..."

In the Don's words,
"I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless. But not men."